Friday 14 March 2008

Happy 14th anniversary to us!

I have to admit. 14 years ago, at this time, I was feeling a little bit unsure. Did I make the right decision to settle down so soon? Was I sure this is the right person for me? Do we understand each other enough to live together? etc etc....

14 years later, today, my questions are answered. Yes, I made the right decision. And it was this decision that changed me and I became more matured, responsible and committed. Yes, he's the right person. Most of his strengths are my weaknesses and mine are his. So that's how we learned thru the years to complement and support each other in our weaker areas. And no, we didn't understand each other enough at that point in time. But we grow and change with time, so there'll never be a time where we can fully understand each other. And that is what that's keeping the marriage alife, isn't it?

Dude, dont think you'll be reading this now. But when the day comes when you discover this, I want you to know, I love u and our sons dearly. Thank you for whatever that you've done for me. And I look forward to walking by the beach with you, hand-in-hand, in our ripe old age.

2 comments:

Agnes Tan said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, CAROL!!!

mummytay said...

Thanks Agnes!!;-)