Friday 21 November 2008

Disappointed? Upset? Shortchanged? Sick...

I'm down with a bad throat and as usual, my voice is affected. Can sense it getting worse by the minutes. The medicine is making me so drowsy and weak.....or is it something else?

Well, we had gotten his result yesterday. His face sank when he saw it. I felt his anguish and frustration. Nevertheless, I hugged him and comforted him that at least he had pulled his Chinese grades up. I went out of the hall while he continued to mingle with his friends. I secretly teared but didn't want him to notice my disappointment. Sms-ed hubby and kids' godpa to inform them. All were shocked to hear of his result. Hubby was upset and didn't understand how it could hv gone wrong.

We went on the day as normal as it is. Received quite a few smses asking about his result. Had a nap after my medication. Then we spent some time opening up and sorting out all the toys, game cards and electronic games that I've brought back fm Beijing. Hubby called him while we were doing that and gave him a harsh lecture. Poor boy went back to his room and cried for some time. My heart cried with him...

I tried not to address the issue, but couldn't hold it in anymore this morning. So had a good lecture for both him and Matt. It is not about my disappointment, but their seriousness in whatever they do. The shock we got fm his result has proven that he had been taking things too lightly. Too nonchalant for too long that he has to finally pay a price for it. I've also been too patient and soft towards them. 慈母多败儿, it's time for me to toughen up and not take it too easy with them anymore. Will have to be strict and stern with them from now on, till they can prove to me that they've become an independent learners. It's gonna be a tough year ahead, with one new in secondary school, one new in primary school and one heading into the ever dreadful preparation towards PSLE. When will boys mature???

Parenthood is a tough journey that has no end. Everyday I'm learning something new and every corner turns up with new surprises. Will I hv the energy to sustain? sigh...

No comments: