Sunday 4 May 2008

I'm back but not exactly refreshed


wow..it's exactly 3 wks since my last entry. Was just too stressed and bogged down by so many things that I had no mood and no words to write. anyway, I'm back.

Finally went for our long awaited 3-day break. Was supposed to be a relaxation and well-rested break, but end up I felt so energetic that I didn't rest at all. Went around machiam like tourist(on my own of course)! haha.. What I enjoyed most (if not for some irritating mainland tourists who just walk in front of you while you're snapping pictures) was watching the waves at Tanah Lot, west coast of Bali. The feeling is indescribable! It's really like what my title said, 观海听涛, watching the vast ocean while listening to the magnificent waves!! COOL!

went strolling around Kuta area and stepped upon the very spot where the Oct 02 bombing took place. It's so sad reading the monument that was erected in memory of those who've perished on that sinful night. Most of the shops hv been renovated and business as usual. Only a couple of restaurants still kept the bombed remains on the exterior, probably to remind pple of what had happened there. The main restaurant that was totally devastated is being reconstructed at the moment. I believe soon it will be bustling with patrons/tourists once again. May all the victims rest in peace.

For this whole trip, we only had one massage and didn't bust ourselves under the sun at all!? can u imagine, going to Bali and not enjoying the sun, sand and sea? Oh well, we had our fair share of the scorching sun just doing what we did. Food was great as usual and we had a good time chumping down loads of Balinese grilled seafood and not forgetting their yummilicious CHILLI!!! And guess what I got after that? 'Voiceless-ness'!! Yup, vocal chord infection and I'm now left with the minimal of my voice, and chumping down antibiotics and all. sigh...

The kids didn't hv a good time while we were away. Firstly, Nic was still having his viral fever when we left. Luckily he recovered on the 2nd day. Then they lost their pet hamster, Simon, on the morning before we came back. Poor boys! they started wailing away when they found it stiff and lifeless in the cage. Like the previous 2 times, they placed the carcass in a shoebox 'coffin' and waited for mummy's return for it's 'funeral'. Sad isn't it? Having to return to a 'funeral' for a pet? But then, this little Simon is really well-liked by the kids and me. It's so tame and never bites, and have always been most eager to climb into our palms to play. Gonna miss it so much. sigh...

Finally, our Prince Andrew came down with fever this morning. We suspect his tonsilitis is giving him problem again. And the worst thing is, tomorrow's his SA1 English paper 2!? How? I also dunno. Sms his form teacher and informed her. We'll just hv to see how's his condition tomorrow morning to decide whether he should go for the paper or not. Arrrgggghhhhhhhhh...........faint! It's really one after another falling sick in the family. So much so until the clinic assistant could ask me, "so whose turn today?" when I went to consult the doctor this morning. Looks like I'll be there again tomorrow morning liao. sigh... Then Tue is SGH with my dad, and Wed will be CGH with my mum. Ha, I'm gonna have another 'eventful' week again! 'God' help me!!! but who's my God? still searching...haha...

Goodnight!

No comments: